Friday, November 1, 2013

The begining of Mangas in Japan!!

In Japan comic books are consider Mangas, in America it is called comic books. A man named Hokusai, was the first man to create a manga. After having just a couple of comic strips, mangas improved over the years. They used woodblocks back then to make the manga, now we use actual paper. Art was huge in Japan, it still is. I love Japanese art, to me it is peaceful. That is why I love it. It was more of a stage-play, two dimensional drawing, it was because they were knew at it. I am too and artist and I wasn't that good either, but more and more practice I got better. Here is improvements of different mangas over the years:

Here is the first Manga:
\


Here are two others that people will know. See the difference on how much people's art have improved! 



See the difference, I love the detail in them! It takes a lot of patience and practice to become a good artist!



1 comment:

  1. You're right that there's more detail, but I think I prefer LESS detail like in the first drawing. I oftentimes have a hard time enjoying action-focused mangas because I can't make sense of all the lines EVERYWHERE. A lot of it just seems unnecessary and messy to me. Why can't they create simplistic, minimalist backgrounds? Why does every scene need to be so full of ink that I can barely tell when the character ends and the background begins? I really don't think it's "meant to be that way" or "part of the art style." It's just plain bad salesmanship if your customer doesn't understand what it is you're trying to get them to buy (or read, in this case).

    10/10

    ReplyDelete